Prioritize Fun in Your Life, No Matter How Busy Your Schedule IsJan 10, 2023
When was the last time you did something fun?
Do you know what brings you joy?
Do you feel guilty when you take time just for yourself?
Listen, I get it. It can be tricky to make time for ourselves, let alone for fun.
The older we get, the longer our to-do list becomes, the more responsibilities and obligations pile on, and the busier our schedule seems.
It's no wonder that fun gets put on the back burner.
We are led to believe there isn't time for fun. There's a common misconception that having fun is a bad thing.
But what if I told you that having fun — you know, the pure kind when you are in the moment and time — is the secret sauce to success in your life and career?
So next time you feel stuck or in a rut - make scheduling fun a priority and notice how it shifts your mental and physical health.
What do to?
- Flex your autonomy: Decide what hours are WITHIN your control. Rather than prioritizing your to-do list - dedicate some time for enjoyment. This can be exciting and energizing or relaxing and calm.
- Reclaim your agency: To self-govern your schedule, you need your power to take action. When you create freedom in your schedule, your agency helps you make it happen.
- Schedule time for fun: Schedule fun in your calendar the same way you do commitments and appointments - when something is scheduled, its way more likely to get done.
- Invite friends to join: there's nothing better than sharing moments of fun and joy with the people you love.
- Learn something fun: The best way to learn and grow is to learn something fun to do. That could be playing an instrument or learning to trail run. Whatever it is, choose something with no purpose other than enjoyment.
Ultimately evaluating what's important and what aligns with who you want to be is the first step to making more time for things that light you up.
Delete or delegate anything that doesnt serve that so you can make more time for fun!!
Because one day, you'll look back on those moments and realize those were the moments that mattered the most.
How are you going to infuse FUN in your life?!
Let's Be Friends!
Join our community to receive hot tips on how to ditch the hustle and create life on your terms.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.